Hydraulic Locking Unit
- Die-Casting Industry
- The Hydropneu-Squeezer-System SQS
- Hydraulic Cylinder with Cooling
- Power Stroke Hydraulic Cylinder
- Standardisized Core Pull Cylinder
- Energy-Optimized Core Pull Cylinder Type 58
- Hydraulic Locking Unit
- Locked Block Cylinder
- Hydraulic Cylinder with External Guidance
- Slide Unit
- Training for Hydraulic Users in Die-Casting
- Simple piston rod locking
- Economical solution for multiple cylinders
- High locking forces due to the pressure amplification
Piston rods can be locked hydraulically by locking up the oil, which is under pressure, in the cylinder. In this condition, the cylinder is firmly locked as long as there is not more force guided into the cylinder than the locked, pressurized hydraulic fluid can withstand. In case the force limit is exceeded, the piston rod leaves its’ position due to the slight compressibility of the hydraulic fluid.
The reinforced hydraulic locking unit HLU makes it possible to hydraulically lock the piston rods of various hydraulic cylinders, regardless of size, type, or stroke, and to simultaneously increase the locking forces significantly as opposed to the forces limited by the system pressure. No additional controls or appliances are necessary for this purpose.
The piping effort remains almost the same compared to the standard, because the locking unit is simply being interposed.